JOB TITLE: Log Clerk
FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt
Verifies driver's log information is accurate and in compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Examines log information to verify accuracy and records any discrepancies.
- Communicates with office personnel and drivers concerning various log issues.
- Prepares and processes correspondence and reports and performs general clerical office duties as needed.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. as required.
- General knowledge and proficient use of a computer and computer programs.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.